So what did I do while on my technology sabbatical?
1. I sucked at taking a technology sabbatical, but each day got better (until I gave up altogether and ended it early) and I think it will be easier to lessen my use day-to-day now. And I know better what it will take to truly take an unplug week when I’m ready to try again.
2. I totally drained my legs with the 12-miler on Saturday + a 6-miler on Sunday so switched around my training for the rest of the week (keeping the distances and runs, just exchanging rest days) and rocked out my peak week of training.
3. I fell in love with my Garmin Forerunner 305.
4. I had my first fight with Rebel. Catalyst: Me still holding out (actually, for him I do believe it was about sex, for me, I was attempting a DTR talk because sex and the R – relationship – go together). I learned that he’s a horrible fighter. He wasn’t much for listening to or attempting to understand what I was saying and super-awkwardly left before any real discussion could be had. Outcome: Validation of my decision.
5. I realized there’s a difference between someone with whom you want to hang out and someone with whom you want to combine lives, which I guess I knew, but again…validation.
6. Had another date with Mr. No Name on which he was determined to prove he wasn’t conservative and could be more than a friend. Fail, first of all, but then he got post-date balls. Via text he was all, “damn we should still be hanging out,” and I was all, “well then you should have stumbled your way through some kind of awkward invite to a phase two because now it’s too late and I’m on my couch in my ugly single-lady PJs and my tummy is happily full of sushi and vodka I didn’t have to pay for.”
7. I had another first date with another POF guy. I found out that someone who has “non-douche” as their headline IS, in fact, a douche, but of a weird variety. I deleted the last batch of “[insert rando’s name] pof”s from my phone because the ratio of guys who do online dating because they are socially retarded to guys who do online dating because they are normal, but busy/new to the area is about 5:1 (from my research) and that’s just a numbers game I’m sick of playing.
8. I heard from TGISWOTSD again. Re: hot dogs. Again. His interests seemed much more diverse when we were dating, I swear. Again, maybe he’s testing the waters of friendship, but seeing his email addy, my heart flutters and wonders if he misses me and realizes we were great and it’s worth an actual try. Ugh.
9. I packed my fridge and pantry with real food so my apartment no longer looks like a bachelor lives there. And yes, this is packed for a single girl. I spent way too much time thinking about how to use it all!
10. I totally blew my food budget (but that’s why I built in flexibility elsewhere).
11. I ate well. (This is homemade pizza amazingness, part 2!)
12. I accepted that I will never be a photog or foodie blogger (but I started a wellness blog that will have a food aspect)!
13. I added some big dreams to my bucket list because I’ve really seen the power of writing down and going after some of the things I want recently and I’m in a big WHY NOT mood.
14. I actually wrote down THE list (of traits I’m looking for in a man). Again, why not?
15. I went out on a school night. As in like, don’t even start getting ready until 9 kind of out. It was a friend’s last night in town and I’m glad I did, but I’m paying for it today!