Lucky and I had a talk about priorities last night. It wasn’t a great talk, but it was an important talk. It was a “good for you, bad for us” talk. Basically I want more than he can give right now and he knows that and doesn’t want to disappoint me, so we’re…well, who knows what we’re doing? We’re going to make it up as we go I guess.
He’s entwined in my life in many different ways right now, so we’re definitely entering a learning phase of this relationship.
While his priorities are elsewhere, mine are too. For the next month or so, my priorities are:
- Closing on my condo, moving and decorating. Remember when I mentioned that Lucky is my realtor? Yeah, entwined.
- Tanning. I got a good base at the beginning of the summer, but since then, Arizona broke some kind of heat record so going outside wasn’t really an option, let alone LAYING around outside. It’s cooling down (low 100s!) and with a few weekends left until my sister’s wedding – and my new, darker hair that’s giving me a Snow White complex – I would like to build that tan back up.
- Getting skinny(er). Okay, so my goals for the wedding are to be skinnier and more tan than my sister. There, I said it. One of us gets to be the married sister and one of us gets to be the hot sister. Both goals are pretty much slam dunks at this point since she stayed in her I’m-in-a-happy-relationship-so-it-doesn’t-matter-what-I-look-like frame of mind and never achieved full bridezillaness with any crash diets or crazy workouts. If anything, she might go fake-bake and we would have an orange situation on our hands, but that would just be funny.
- Avoiding wedding talk. T-minus 37 days. Can it just be over already? It really is at a critical level at this point and I have had about enough. My feelings were legitimately hurt when I went to brunch at my parents’ house this weekend and my future bro-in-law was the only one to actually ask me anything about what is going on in my life. He’s my new favorite. I usually feel guilt when I avoid FFF, but I feel worse when I have to listen to them talk about that shit for hours. Luckily, my move gives me a nice excuse to stay on my side of town (if they ever thought to ask anyway).
- Reading. I need a good, distracting book to lose myself in. I just finished one and am going to the library today for my next few victims.
- Catching up with my favorite TV shows when they return for the fall season and scope out some of the new stuff that is, thank goodness, not reality TV!
- Avoiding exes. I think I successfully offended #2 when I congratulated him on achieving the lifestyle he always wanted to rub my face in (yes, he literally said that to me once), but letting him know I was still unimpressed without mentioning new boyfriend’s(?) lifestyle and all the cool things I’ve got going on (not that he asked either…good thing I’ve got my blog, I’d have no outlet to talk about myself incessantly otherwise). See ya!
I promise there’s some legit shit going on as well, my life is actually fulfilling with a small part devoted to this fluff, but I save that for my other blog. For you? I let it all hang out. Gosh, you’re welcome 😉