1. Save $750. ($150/$750)
2. Write two short stories. (0/2)
3. Outline my novel.
4. Take a class.
5. Run 231 miles. (65.5/231)
6. Bike 120 miles. (74/120)
7. Learn to play a song on the guitar.
8. Make a dress.
9. Volunteer four times. (2/4)
10. Get to 115. (118.4)
1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
I ran 4 miles (actually rested the knee) and biked 12 miles.
I volunteered on Saturday. It was a Serve-Our-Schools day of service and I joined a group that was charged with painting murals in the gym.
I weighed in at 118.4. (Not enough food yesterday + too much alcohol = puking guts out = weight loss).
2. What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?
Volunteering this week made me feel really good about myself. I have no artistic ability, and as a quasi-perfectionist at first it was tough and frustrating, but when it started to come together, I was really happy and also realized it’s better than what these kids had and I hope they’re proud of their revamped gym!
3. It’s May! What were your victories in April? Challenges?
I got off to a good start on a lot of my goals, but need to make more of an effort on the ones that are new to me and out of my comfort zone.
4. Do you have any plans for the challenge in May?
Keep up with my running and biking. Make more of an effort at weight loss. My volunteer dates are all in May and I am going to write one of the short stories.
5. Fun Question: What is your favourite type of ethnic cuisine?
Mexican! I’m a nut for it. I’ve spent most of my life in Arizona and Southern California, so it’s GOOD there and that’s probably why I love it!