My 10 goals are:
- Lose 5 pounds
in Januaryand maintain (starting is 122.6).
- Sign up for a new dating site in February (assuming Mr. Amazing doesn’t waltz in before that).
Climb the seven summits of Phoenix in seven days.
- Make a real meal at least once a week.
- Adopt a pet.
- Get a bike and decrease my gas usage.
Write my guest post for The Chick Lit Bee.
- Roll over my 401(k)s.
Do six things with friends (happy hours, game nights, etc.). Findand participate in a volunteer opportunity.
This week’s questions:
1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
I hiked the seven peaks this weekend! I started Thursday and finished up today! I’m so glad I stuck with it and truly feel accomplished.
I signed up for Match.com. I’m testing the waters and doing their three-day trial. I don’t know if it’s much different from the free sites I’ve been on, so I might cancel and go eHarmony. Until the end of the month, they are offering their three-month subscription for $20 a month. I love me a discount.
I finally talked to my boss about how to get over the hurdle that’s tripping me up with my 401(k)s and I got the rollover check from one of old companies.
For my home-cooked meal, I made a pasta with some veggies I had that needed to be used.
2. Pretty much everywhere this past week experienced some mild weather – did this change have any effect on you?
I had already planned to do my hiking this weekend (because it was long, so I got an extra day), but I got one day in before our spring-like weather vanished. The temps dropped 20 degrees and it rained for most of the weekend! I might have rescheduled, but I really wanted to cross this one off this week. I managed to get out when it wasn’t actually raining, but still overcast and cool, which was kinda nice!
3. Walk us through your ideal workout.
Eek, I have too many to pick from. I’d rank them like this:
1. A long, body-is-working-with-me-not-against-me run
2. A spin class with a young, hip teacher who plays music that keeps me from checking the clock every five minutes
3. A two-hour hike that barely feels like working out because I’m out in the sunshine and enjoying the views, but that I feel the next day (yeah, this is a new one!)
4. Warm up on the elliptical, 40 minutes with weights and sexy men who are more concerned with checking themselves out, but still and finish with a cardio sesh on Stairmaster + actually remembering to roll and stretch
I guess it’s safe to say my ideal workout is one where I don’t pay attention to the fact that I’m working out!
4. What happened in the last week that you have to brag about?
Um, I hiked seven mountains in five days!
AND, I finally ended things with a guy who was mostly just parked in my boyfriend spot, but that I knew needed to be towed. Poor Rebel. But, I’m a people-pleaser and hate confrontation and being the breakupper, so it was a big step in terms of taking care of #1 aka, doing what’s best for ME.
5. Fun Question of the Week: Spring Fever has hit the stores… what’s your favourite thing to shop for in the Spring?
Dresses! I live in dresses in the spring, summer and fall (and sneak them in when I can in winter), so I love stocking up on cheap, cute sundresses and t-shirt dresses. I went into Target the other day and was thrilled to see they are starting to get their dresses out. My budget for this month wasn’t having any of it, so sadly, I had to leave empty handed, but I reminded myself that next month they’ll probably have even more options!
Positive picture: My favorite pic I took this weekend, from the top of Camelback Mountain!