- Lose 5 pounds
in Januaryand maintain (starting is 122.6).
- Sign up for a new dating site in February (assuming Mr. Amazing doesn’t waltz in before that).
- Climb the seven summits of Phoenix in seven days.
- Make a real meal at least once a week.
- Adopt a pet.
- Get a bike and decrease my gas usage.
Write my guest post for The Chick Lit Bee.
- Roll over my 401(k)s.
Do six things with friends (happy hours, game nights, etc.). Findand participate in a volunteer opportunity.
This week’s questions:
1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
I though seriously about joining a dating site. Haha. I’m having a really hard time biting the bullet on this one. Oh yeah, and I had a great third date/first kiss last night.
I tried a new recipe last week. It was a fail, but I enjoyed the experience of trying and again, it was a pre-planned meal.
I found the rescue I’m going to get a cat from! I just need to ready my house and pick a cute little guy now.
2. What goal are you doing best on?
Way to call me out, Amy! Haha. This question makes me realize I could be giving more effort on all of my goals. A lot of the ones I have left are just one-and-done goals that could be crossed off relatively easily. The one I’d say is taking the most of my effort is sadly cooking a meal once a week. I really like that I’m incorporating this, but it’s silly that planning, grocery shopping and eating like an adult is something I have to put concerted effort into! Either way, I’m doing well on it because it’s a weekly commitment and I’m doing well with it.
3. What goal do you have to push yourself a little more to complete? What is your plan to do so?
ALL of them! Losing weight probably because a lot of them are just things to do, but to lose weight requires constant thought and effort. My plan is to get back to exercising (after a week off because of an injury) and stick with portion control and fresh foods.
4. We’ve talked about who pushes us to do better with our goals – is there anyone/thing that hinders you?
I’ve mentioned I tend to push myself, but I also tend to hold myself back. With my weight loss goal, I find it hard to push myself because it’s very easy to say that it’s not necessary.
I also hinder myself because I’m used to being on a shoestring budget and even though I have the money to spend on the costly things – pet, bike, dating site – it’s hard for me to break from my save, save, save mode.
5. Fun Question of the Week: Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you have any special plans for the day? It’s okay if you think it’s a Hallmark holiday that you wish to boycott!
My response to “Happy Valentine’s Day” is “Happy Monday.” I’m not mad at that holiday, but I’m not really celebrating either. My plan was to do a spa night and read magazines and celebrate me, but at the last minute Rebel got the night off work and we’re planning to hang out, but not do anything too Valentinesy. We’ll probably end up going to a wine bar and then making dinner and watching a movie. Might be an awkward situation based on the whole Facebook boyfriend thing, but we seem to have gotten past that.
It’s resort crashing season in the beautiful valley of the sun and I hit up two this weekend. Lots of fun soaking in the beauty and serenity of these world class resorts that surround me!