Alternate title: Bring It On
It’s week #2 of the Winter Wonderland Warrior Challenge. Check out my first Winter Wonderland Warriors post here.
Or, if you’re feeling lazy, don’t move an inch, I’ll bring my goals to you. You’re welcome.
- Lose 5 pounds in January and maintain (starting is 122.6).
- Sign up for a new dating site in February (assuming Mr. Amazing doesn’t waltz in before that).
- Climb the seven summits of Phoenix in seven days.
- Make a real meal at least once a week.
- Adopt a pet.
- Get a bike and decrease my gas usage.
- Write my guest post for The Chick Lit Bee.
- Roll over my 401(k)s.
- Do six things with friends (happy hours, game nights, etc.).
- Find and participate in a volunteer opportunity.
This week, the warriors are answering:
- What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
- Are any of your goals repeat offenders (i.e., have you made them before and not succeeded)? If so, what do you intend on doing this time to ensure you achieve them?
- Do you have a support system in place to help you achieve your goals?
- Are you a planner when it comes to meeting your goals, or do you tend to “wing it” and hope for the best?
- Fun Question of the Week: Who knows about your blog? Are you on blogger lockdown or do the “real” people in your life know about your blog/read your blog?
I am a big time planner (4), so immediately when I set my goals, I mapped out when I would be completing most of them, mostly in January and February. A few others I’m winging, the idea being with March largely unscheduled, I’ll fit in the rest.
Some of the things are things I’ve had on my to-do lists or my I’ll get around to it lists forever (2) – specifically 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Damn, I’m a procrastinator. Putting them on THIS to-do list gives me a deadline, but these are the ones I had to jump on right away.
So what have I done about them? (1) I opened a Roth IRA account that I will transfer my 401(k)s to. I just got an email this morning that it is approved and ready, so now my next step is actually moving the funds.
I also attended a Meetup for a new group I just joined and RSVPed yes to a few others. My intention behind “do six things with friends” was to make an effort to see my friends who I recently moved 30 minutes away from (and I spent time with them once last week too), but I’m excited about shaking up my social life and meeting new friends closer to where I am as well.
I signed up for a new dating site. It sucks and it’s not THE dating site I had in mind, which I still plan on joining in February, so I’m not sure if it counts.
I holed up in Barnes and Noble and “researched” my Chick Lit Bee post and started writing it. This is my positive picture because I love that this is how I spent an afternoon:
I made my first real meal last night – alfredo pizza piled HIGH with garlic chicken, bell peppers, spinach, baby bellos, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese, yum!
And I found and signed up for a volunteer opportunity that I’ll be doing next weekend!
Not too shabby, eh?
I don’t really have a support system (3) because I keep my blog private from people in my real life (5). I do have a good friend who’s staying on top of me about the adopt a pet thing, I think because his roommates don’t want a pet, so he wants to live through me! I love the support I received from other warriors on my first post though and have added everyone to my Reader so I can support them as well!